Do you need help?
Please, find answers from the frequently asked questions sections. Most questions are answered in the FAQs for quick and easy access. You may send us a message if you do not find answers to you questions.
For safe and secure payment, NEVER share your MOBILE MONEY or CREDIT CARD information with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your PASSWORD or PIN in an email.
FAQs section 1
FAQs ABOUT ADINKRASCROLLS
It is an online literary market place where soft and hard copies of literary works are sold.
AdinkraScrolls is owned by GAW.
Members of GAW and vendors: publishers and people interested in buying and selling books.
Please, see Terms & Conditions.
Digital copies and paperback of books.
- Navigate to the registration page by hovering or clicking on "Account" at the top right corner of your screen and choose register as a vendor.
- Fill in the required information.
- Submit your registration.
- After registration, please login to your account to go to vendors dashboard.
Please click on the link below.
"how do I upload my products/book as a vendor" to learn more in detail how to become a vendor and successfully upload and sell books/products on AdinkraScrolls platform.
- Click on the product you would like to purchase
- Click on Add to cart
- Go to your cart
- View the total price of the products and the shipping fee
- Proceed to checkout
- If you already have an account, please login to your account to continue buying process. If you don't have an account, click on "I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT".
- Next, fill in your billing address and your residential address if different form billing address. Choose a a username and a password. Make sure you have provided all the required information.
- Click next to register. You will automatically be login.
- Go to your cart and follow the prompt.
- Agree to terms and condition.
- Click on PLACE ORDER
- Next, click on PAY NOW
- At the payment page, choose your payment method (Mobile money, Credit/Debit card/Bank transfer, if available).
- For mobile money users,
- Enter your phone number enabled for mobile money
- Choose your provider
- Click on Confirm, you will receive a prompt on the mobile device attached to your number asking you to confirm the payment by inputting a PIN.
- Input the PIN received on your mobile device to complete the payment.
- Access will be granted automatically to your downloadable product after payment is successful.
Important to Note
For Vodafone customers, after you confirm your mobile money number and provider, you will have to dial *110# on your mobile phone, select option 4: Make Payments and select option 4: Generate Voucher and enter your pin to complete the request. You will receive a text message containing your voucher code after which you will come back to the checkout form to click on 'I have received my voucher code.' Input the voucher code to authorise the payment and complete the transaction.
- Navigate to vendor’s dashboard.
- Go to product.
- Click Add new product.
- Fill in the required details.
Choose the price you would like to charge for your product.
- Log in to your account dashboard
- Go to orders
- Select the specific product
- Click to see the status of the order
There are no limits set.
70% of the listed price
Payments will be effected half yearly.
Payments are to be made in Ghana Cedi or its equivalent.
FAQs section 2
FAQs ABOUT GAW
Firstly, you must be a writer/author or have interest to write to qualify to apply for membership.
You can pay by cash, bank or GAW Momo
Yes, we do.
The Association runs the following major programmes:
- GAW Book Festival (GAWBOFEST): It is a festival that brings together various stakeholders in the book industry in September of every year since 2011. It has the theme “Empowering Ghana through Reading.” The current content/activities include (book readings, poetry, story-telling, book signings, quizzes, brass band music, face painting, instant portrait drawing & graphics design). Composition of participants (writers: GAW & non-GAW members; schools & colleges; writers’ clubs; diplomatic missions; members of Parliament; personalities in the arts & creative industry; “Country of Focus,” etc.).
- GAW Schools Outreach Programme (GAWSOP): It was established in 2012 in collaboration with Ghana Education Service (GES) as an outreach programme by setting up of literary clubs in all public Senior High Schools to encourage them in reading and writing.
- GAW Sunday: It is a monthly variety literary event. It was created to bring members and their friends together in a literary celebration.
- GAW Annual Literary Awards: This award was instituted 1987 to promote adherence to standards and literary excellence among GAW members. It is held in November of each year.
- GAW has established the month of March as “Read-A-Ghana-Book Month” to encourage reading at least one book written by a Ghanaian or published in Ghana. We have selected the month of March because it is Ghana’s birth month and therefore, perhaps, the most important month in our nation’s history.
- GAW Literary Workshop: We hold workshops, seminars, clinics & mentorship/consultancies on writing, publishing, editing, etc. These are means of building capacity of members.
- International Exchange Programmes: These programmes are to stimulate cooperation between GAW and writers’ associations, groups & projects elsewhere to project GAW’s image.
- When are general meetings held?
Ans: General meetings are held quarterly, and this is communicated to members by notice. We also have statutory and ad hoc committees that meet frequently.
The Association welcomes publishers, bloggers, editors, proof-readers, illustrators, designers, librarians, and all creators of literary content.
The GAW Secretariat can always direct you to the Ghana Publishers Association for the needed assistance.
The George Padmore Research Library is the State Agency that issues ISBNs.
Being a member of GAW automatically makes you a member of PAWA. However, you cannot apply for individual membership of PAWA, for PAWA membership is restricted to member-associations of writers in Africa.
The benefits for being a member of GAW include:
- Participation in workshops, seminars, clinics, etc. organised by GAW.
- GAW recommends members’ books to NGOs and literary organisations that purchase books from the GAW Secretariat from time to time.
- GAW’s premises is available for paid up members to launch their books.
- At GAW events and meetings, depending on your literacy needs, there is always an opportunity to network and consult with accomplished writers for guidance and mentorship.
- Through GAW, CopyGhana, the Reprographic Rights Organisation (RRO) of Ghana, compensates authors whose works are photocopied or digitally copied for commercial gains.
Do you still need help?
Send us an email the forms vial the email address below. We will respond within a maximum of 2 working days.
Do you need urgent assistance? Talk to us
Monday – Friday
8.00am – 4.00pm